- Explanation The purpose of this map is to provide a guide to the location of Devon’s historic Parishes within the county for which Devon FHS publishes any indexes. For large-scale maps of Devon historic parish outlines, see the links at GENUKI: Devon Maps
- Instructions Click on any of the parishes listed to see its approximate location within the county. The map will automatically move to that parish if necessary.
Clicking a zoom icon will zoom the map to show the entire boundary 1 (the zoom icon means that we are unable to determine the location – we will always be grateful for any help locating a parish or chapel).
- A second click on a parish removes it from the map.
All parishes may be removed at once by clicking the Clear button.
- Clicking any parish on the map will open a new window with a list of parish books and CDs.
- If you think that a parish has been omitted or is in the wrong location, please contact the Webmaster.
- It is also worth looking at the GENUKI Devon Parishes page to see if a parish has been renamed, or if the Parish containing a town is named differently to the town.
A set of these useful PDF maps, detailing the outlines & locations of Devon’s historic parishes, are available for you to print.