Family History Federation

Exeter 1888

This detailed map covers most of central Exeter and its eastern suburbs, with coverage stretching from Bonhay Road eastward to Cemetery Road, and from Prospect Park southward to Commercial Road and Friars Green. This 1888 version is in colour. Features include LSWR railway with Queen Street (now Central) station; Cathedral, Exe Island, city centre with individual buildings neatly shown, Lower Cemetery (disused), Mount Dinham, Headweir Mills, Bull Meadow, Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital, Mount Radford, Exeter Castle, Town Barracks, St Michael & All Angels church, Brewery, schools, St Matthew’s church, Eye Infirmary, Lower Market, Allhallows church, St David’s church, Bury Meadow, Higher Market, Exeter Diocesan Training College, Workhouse, Newtown area, Polsloe Park, Polsloe Priory area, Belmont Leisure Ground, St Sidwell’s church, chapels, Lion’s Holt, Reformatory for Girls, etc. (Note that St David’s station is off the map.). The map includes extracts from an early street directory. The 1888 version is colour printed, taken from the Ordnance Survey’s beautiful hand coloured First Edition.

£3.00

6 in stock

SKU : AG80.06A

Skip to content